We live in times when we can order a pizza and tickets to Paris with just a click of a button. Someone can pick you up at your home with the use of a smart phone and barely any words, if any, having to be spoken. Technology is changing our lives like we had never dreamt before. The world of advertising is being revolutionized by technology and electronic doodads like we never thought were possible as well.
Marketing a business is still in vogue.
From flexible attachments to billboards to complete LED signboards by the highway, advertising has reached a new crescendo holding the hands of technological advancement. Is it any wonder, then, that the market will see the Electronic Sign Board or ESB market rise from $15 billion to 21.9 billion by 2020!?
Why is 21st century calling for a change in the marketing scenario?
More and more businesses are opening up to the idea of LED billboards or Electronic Messaging Systems. Although they are not completely synonymous, they are both endowments of modern day technology. The current human populace is a generation of digital natives who are never satisfied with simple one-size-fit-all adverts as was the norm just a couple of decades ago. You know, when the show Seinfeld dominated the TV spectrum.
Most importantly, technology has made it a whole lot easier to personalize sign boards. Recent studies show that the recall value of advertisements on digital billboards is very high. It ranges somewhere between 74 percent and 84 percent, according to a recent Nielsen study. Wow!
Is digital marketing just a fad?
In fact, ESBs have immense impact when it comes to retail marketing. They are an integral part of corporate strategies which can exponentially drive sales up the charts and are need for businesses just to remain in business. They are clever tools which are used to identify retail brands and locations.
They become integrated with a brand value and a higher recall of an advert automatically means a higher sales percentage of that particular brand. In addition to displaying traditional TV or print ads, they can also display hourly specials or split the timing with other businesses to make the most of LED and ESBs.
It is time to crunch some numbers?
Statistics never lie, and the numbers we are about to provide you may impress you immensely, they are:
- When restaurants transitioned from printed to digital menus they experienced a 38 percent increase in promotional offer sales.
- Switching to a LED menu saved restaurants 49 percent of what it would take to reprint paper menu cards.
- The same restaurants also saw a 21 percent increase in their check averages and over 47 percent increase in customer satisfaction.
- When kiosks and shops included LEDs in their signage they saw an immediate 32 percent increase in net sales volume.
- Using digital signage also drove up information retention by a whopping 200 percent among their patrons.
- Almost 35 percent of their customers reported decreased waiting time.
- 33 percent people actually came back to these kiosks and stores to buy the items they offered.
Pushing the statistical aspects of using digital signage aside, the simplest aspects of LED signs and other forms of EMBs include the following advantages:
- You will not be required to pay an artist or a designer every time you decide to make small changes in the layout or your menu. In addition to the elimination of designing costs, you will also be striking out all printing costs in the process.
- You are making a more eco-friendly choice. Choosing electronic message boards over the traditional ways completely eliminates the use of paper or cloth; this reduces the carbon footprint of your company. Especially if you choose LED signboards, since an LED uses very little electricity.
- Also research has shown that, as a result of customer satisfaction and increased sales averages these EMBs drive up employee morale and employee productivity in an indirect manner. In fact, employee productivity can skyrocket beyond 300 percent if digital signage is done right.
So making the smart choice which helps you go green, boost employee productivity, and increase sales is actually a no brainer. Check out your best options for going digital today!